Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Dearest Friend, Marcy


Let me tell you a little something about my friend Marcy- without her, I'd be lost! She is the brainchild behind my logo and now my wedding save the dates, invitations, and response cards!! She and I have been friends for 15 years. It's pretty incredible saying that out loud. But, she's the cat's pajamas if ever there were such a thing!



Mark and I have been going back and forth with regards to the wedding invitations. Our largest concern is that, after all, they are only pieces of paper that will be discarded. So, the thought of putting all of this money into the invites is heartbreaking. Another close friend, Michael, told me about these fantastic invites that his friend had for her wedding. He raved about these things! Told me they came in hard cases and were just gorgeous.... and also that they cost 5 dollars an invite. I asked him to show me these tremendous things.... and guess what... he threw it away. Thus, I began my search for classy yet cost effective paper. And though this may surprise some of you, I found it! At Target!!



The paper feels high quality- it's textured and that gives the illusion of it being pricey. My mother always told me that I had champagne taste on a beer budget. I didn't believe her until I had to start paying a mortgage. (I get it now).



Anyhow, she turned over yet another Saturday for me to create these things. And, like usual, she did with an undying amount of graciousness and humor! They are beautiful and she has my continual thanks.



Thanks, Marcy! You are the BEST!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah-
The Save the Date cards are BEAUTIFUL! I think that was very wise to save a few bucks...that way you can buy your Mother a prettier corsage for the wedding! LOL
Thanks to Marcy too! Marcy-if you read this tell Sarah that she should get you a really nice bridesmaid gift!